Thursday, February 28, 2008

View of Diablo from Radio Tower


There are exactly three-hundred and twenty-four things wrong with this sketch, but I decided it was better to embarrass myself for the sake of keeping the blog going! Actually, once the sun decided to stay out, it was an enjoyable session. Hopefully, the trend will continue and we'll all be able to get out more and paint.

As for the show, I'm hoping to gather some photos from the reception last Saturday night before posting a recap. At the moment, I have one, maybe two at best. If anyone else has more, please send them my way.


4 comments:

JimmyG said...

324? I don't see a single one!

dicet said...

nice!

I'll send you the pics I took this weekend!

Bill Cone said...

At least both you and Jimmy got something painted.
I had a plein air breakfast meeting with Paul. There's a lot of good views to be had from that position, depending on angle as well as how wide or narrow you
choose to go. Mike, within the bounds of your panorama, I've painted 3 separate pictures over the years! Nice job, pulling out all the forms and stepping back with the values and color. Loose, and reads well.

Mike Dutton said...

Plein air breakfast. Priceless!

Bill, the three paintings versus my one panoramic is pretty funny on one hand, yet on the other, it's a testament as to how I tend to bite off way more than I can chew! Still, thank you for the insight and encouragement. I'd love to go back up there and maybe "zoom in" a little bit next time.

Dice - got the pictures.... I've finally got some others too, so I should put up a post tomorrow... only two weeks later. eheh...

Jimmy - haha. :)